Tuesday, November 25, 2014

(Belated) Song for Sunday: New York State of Mind

I got to go to a Billy Joel tribute concert the other day. The performers sang Billy Joel and Elton John songs backed up by full orchestra (which my husband was playing in.) I don't know much Elton John, but I love Billy Joel.

The singer/pianist said that this song was one of the first they decided to put in the show because it allowed for a perfect marriage between the music and orchesta. And it did!!


So enjoy "New York State of Mind" and imagine it played with symphony orchestra.



2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful concert! I remember seeing Billy Joel in concert back in the early 80's. His songs seem to last forever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was good. I have never heard Billy Joel himself live. That would be cool.

      Delete