Sunday, March 23, 2014

Song For Sunday: Have Thine Own Way


  1. I have been thinking about Jeremiah 18:6 because CYC is using that as it's theme verse this year. It reads: 

  2. He said, “Can I not do with you, Israel, as this potter does?” declares the Lord. “Like clay in the hand of the potter, so are you in my hand, Israel.

CYC will be looking at how God has shaped us, is shaping us, will be shaping us. Also, what God is shaping for.  Before we can be shaped, though, we need to surrender and that is what this hymn is about.

CYC probably won't use this hymn. It's too old. They'll sing other stuff with similar themes. This is a beatiful piece, though. One of my favorites. May it be a blessing to you.


  1. Have Thine own way, Lord! Have Thine own way!
    Thou art the Potter, I am the clay.
    Mold me and make me after Thy will,
    While I am waiting, yielded and still.
  2. Have Thine own way, Lord! Have Thine own way!
    Search me and try me, Master, today!
    Whiter than snow, Lord, wash me just now,
    As in Thy presence humbly I bow.
  3. Have Thine own way, Lord! Have Thine own way!
    Wounded and weary, help me, I pray!
    Power, all power, surely is Thine!
    Touch me and heal me, Savior divine.
  4. Have Thine own way, Lord! Have Thine own way!
    Hold o’er my being absolute sway!
    Fill with Thy Spirit till all shall see
    Christ only, always, living in me.
          

                      ~Adelaide A.Pollard
                       Public Domain





What song reminds you to surrender to God?




CYC (short for the Christian Youth Conference at Ocean Park) is a two-week leadership development conference for high school students. It offers chapel, classes, field trips, service opportunities, friendships and a safe community in which to explore Christian faith. It meets in August on the beautiful southern coast of Maine and welcomes students from all over and from all denominations. 

No comments:

Post a Comment