Sunday, December 29, 2013

Song for Sunday: Silver & Gold

I was recently the guest of people who had almost nothing. Typically, they eat meat once per week , giving that up when their is a need to use funds to minister in Christ's name to  those around them. However, they fed my companions and I meat twice a day. They went out of their way to pay for cabs, tourist attractions and restauruant meals. They bought us oranges to have as we listened to speakers. They were generous.

I also chatted with a missionary friend who is thrilled that she and her boss are breaking their organization out of "scarcity thinking" to a new reliance on God's abundance.

Oh, yeah, and I like Rudolph....




So here's today's "Song for Sunday": Silver & Gold as sung by Burl Ives in the 1964 TV special Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer."






Merry 4th Day of Christmas!!


Christmas tree in Burma. Plenty of silver and gold. 





No comments:

Post a Comment