Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Spring Gardening

Next week, I plant seeds indoors so that I can have a fruitful garden this year. Usually, I am late with this step and I aim not to be this time around.

Last year, I grew tomatos, green beans, strawberries, nasturtiums, sunflowers, basil and marjoram. All organic.

I hope to add peppers this year. I also planted garlic last Fall, which I hope will come up. We should get actual strawberries to eat this year, too.

Starting the seeds for the gardens reminds me that Spring is around the corner. While I love winter, I look forward to the new life, the flowers, the baby birds and the bunnies. I feel very blessed to live in a place where God has ordained four definite seasons. The variety is wonderful!

What are your thoughts about the coming of Spring?


 

1 comment:

  1. As I sit here anticipating another winter storm, it's hard to believe that spring is right around the corner. It's nice to read about starting seeds for the garden.

    ReplyDelete