Thursday, March 14, 2013

Spring Cleaning

I guess I am Spring cleaning.

I hadn't planned to do it yet. It's not exactly something I consider a great joy.

But yesterday I found myself dusting and vacuuming the downstairs hall, the stairs and the upstairs hall. I took a few rugs out yesterday and beat them. This morning I took more rugs out and beat them.

That's right, I beat rugs. Old-fashioned, I know, but the vacuum cleaner just didn't cut it. There was dust flying off these things out in the back yard.

I don't know where I got this cleaning energy from. Maybe it's just that I had about 8 weeks of forced vacation from heavy cleaning and when I got a good look at the resulting dust I went into overdrive. Or maybe I'm just in ADHD mode.

Either way, I hope it lasts til my whole house is clean because, for once, I am actually not minding the process. I do really love a clean house. Cleanliness makes for a much nicer environment.


Have you started your Spring cleaning yet? How's it going?

4 comments:

  1. I can just see you outside, beating rugs! When you are done, would you like to come over and help me? I'll feed you lunch.

    All joking aside, spring really does seem to be the "real" New Year. A time for reflection, cleaning out the "old" and bringing in the "new."

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are heading in to Autumn on my side of the world, but as we have had the most amazing 'wet' season, I have been cleaning madly too as everything has been so damp and yuk!

    ReplyDelete