Tuesday, January 22, 2013

A Prayer

Sometimes I share a prayer that I find on the web. This one comes to us from the Catholic tradition and affirms God as our creator and sustainer. 



Father and maker of all,
 you adorn all creation
with splendor and beauty,
and fashion human lives
in your image and likeness.

Awaken in every heart
reverence for the work of your hands,
and renew among your people
a readiness to nurture and sustain
your precious gift of life.

Grant this through our Lord Jesus Christ, 
your Son,who lives and reigns with you 
 in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
God, for ever and ever.
Amen.


Do you have a favorite prayer to share?







I am participating in the January 2013 Ultimate Blog Challenge.

4 comments:

  1. A prayer my Swedish grandma taught me is:

    Gud, som haver barnen kar,
    se till mig som liten ar.
    Vart jag mig i varl den rander
    star min lycka i Gud's hander.
    Lyckan kommer lyckan gar,
    den Gud alskar lyckan far,
    Amen

    I stayed with Grandma alot and she would have me repeat this prayer after her. I found it in a google search and I can still hear her voice saying these words.
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a wonderful connection to your Grandma. Thanks for sharing!

      Delete
  2. The middle paragraph of the prayer you shared here is outstanding, Melinda. We would have all problems resolved if everyone held life as sacred. Very nice, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't agree more. I am so glad I found this prayer.

      Delete