Monday, November 26, 2012

Bread Pudding

This is a "recipe" I often use to make use of the bread crusts that are left when I make bread stuffing. It bears a resemblane to traditional bread pudding but it's not quite it.


 Heapingly fill a 13x9x2 pan with bread crusts

Mix about 1-1/2 cups vanilla soy milk, 2 lightly beaten eggs, 1/4 C brown sugar, a few shakes of cinnamon and a half cup of raisins in a bowl.

Pour the mixture over the bread crusts. Turn crusts until they are coated.

Bake at 250 degrees for 2 hours.


We like this recipe for supper after a large lunch of other leftovers or as a dessert.

Hope you enjoy it, too.

2 comments:

  1. I am not a fan of soy and have tried it in deserts before, but it gives it such an unfavorable earthy taste. Have you ever tried almond milk? I've been dying to try that in my deserts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried almond, but it might work well. Rice milk is another possibility. So is cow's milk, but we don't use that because my son has a dairy allergy. We use the vanilla soy milk because we don't like the regular. Actually for drinking, my son uses the very vanilla by silk.

      Delete