Wednesday, October 10, 2012

October Pink

Pink in October is discordant.

October is for orange, gold, russet brown, red...vibrant colors and earth tones. Pink belongs among the pastel blossoms of spring, not the changing leaves of autumn.  I see football players wearing pink and I don't like it. Football is a Fall sport.

But, you know, cancer is discordant. It jars our lives. It doesn't belong there.

So, maybe, it is appropriate that we see out-of-place pink in October. To remind us of something else that shouldn't be.

Maybe it will be jarring enough to get us to do something... to give money, pray for sufferers and survivors, doctors and researchers.

Perhaps we will find more treatments that will be effective, even a cure. Someday, maybe a cancer diagnosis will be just a nuisance, not a scary menace. Or maybe we can learn enough to prevent the disease in the first place.

Then, maybe, we can send pink back to Spring, where it belongs.


I'll be praying for that day.










My blog site is currently a "work in progress." I am playing with the look, reducing the amount of advertising and consolidating the labels so that things are easier to find. Comments and suggestions welcome. Look for changes over the next few weeks.


This is my tenth post for the October 2012 Ultimate Blog Challenge. I'm trying for 31 posts in 31 days, plus commenting on two posts by other people every day.

1 comment:

  1. I've never thought about pink that way, before. You make an excellent point.

    ReplyDelete