Thursday, October 11, 2012

Chocolate Chip Banana


  • Awhile back, my son wanted to make chocolate chip banana cookies. I didn't have a recipe and neither did my Mom. The next day Mom called me though and said that she had read that banana could be substituted for fat in cookie recipes. So Jordan and I gave it a try. 
I took your basic chocolate chip cookie recipe, changed half the flour to whole wheat and substituted bananas for the butter. Here you go:


  • 1 cup very ripe banana
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 2 cups chcocolate chips
Cream banana and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla. Stir in flours, baking soda and salt. Mix well. Add chocolate chips. Drop by rounded teaspons onto greased cookie sheet. Bake 7-9  minutes at 375F,


Hope you you like them as much as we do. 

What's your favorite cookie recipe?

My blog site is currently a "work in progress." I am playing with the look, reducing the amount of advertising and consolidating the labels so that things are easier to find. Comments and suggestions welcome. Look for changes over the next few weeks.


This is my eleventh post for the October 2012 Ultimate Blog Challenge. I'm trying for 31 posts in 31 days, plus commenting on two posts by other people every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment