Monday, May 14, 2012

How I Spent Mother's Day

This Mother's Day was different.

First, of all, I wasn't home. I woke up in Ocean Park (which is my favorite place on earth). A bunch of us, from Oceanwood and CYC spent the weekend getting the facility ready for the summer camping season. Yesterday, we had a morning worship service and then cleaned up after ourselves and took leave.

My son and I had lunch at Rapid Ray's, a favorite hotdog stand. After that,we built a water diversion system that Jordan designed at the beach.

We headed home and Jordan took care of supper, because everyone up at camp kept reminding him it was Mother's Day and he had to do something nice for me. My husband took us out for ice cream. Then we played Pitch Six, a game that we used to play with my late mother.

It really was a nice day and I feel very blessed to be a Mom.

How was your Mother's Day?

No comments:

Post a Comment