Sunday, January 22, 2012

Stuck in My Head

"Take away the love of sinning,
Alpha and Omega be.
End of life, as its beginning,
Set our hearts at liberty."


              -- Charles Wesley
               In the public domain


Love Divine, All Loves Excelling is one of my favorite hymns. We sang it this morning and this phrase from it is on a continual loop in my head. Sometimes I think we don't want to give up the love of sinning because we feel we would lose to much. But it's a good prayer.

Another thing that stuck with me from today's church service is a quote the pastor started his sermon with. "If absence makes the heart grow fonder, then some people must really be fond of the church." It got a laugh, as it was meant to, but it makes a good point and is rather sad at the same time. Such quips won't solve anything, of course. They just make us think.


I suppose it will be when we recognize Christ as the love divine, all loves excelling and living as if that were so that we will begin attracting people more readily.


I pray that may be the case soon.



Have a blessed day!!





No comments:

Post a Comment