Monday, January 9, 2012

National Play God Day

I saw a billboard today that announced that January 9 is "National Play God Day." I'd never heard of it, so I looked it up on the internet. It's not an officially declared holiday but you can get egreetings for it and there are websites that share info about it. (http://www.gone-ta-pott.com/play_god_day.html)

Apparently, it is a day on which we are supposed to solve each other's problems and make each other's lives easier. That sounds good I suppose. And there are ways we can all do that.

Honestly, though, I don't want to play God. Too much responsibility. And, anyway, I would make a mess of that whole justice thing.

Sometimes, it's fun to muse. As in "If I were God, I'd get rid of mosquitos."*

How about you?






*But then what would bats eat? See, leave  it to Him. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment