Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Friends Like That

Me: "I need a place to sleep south of Boston tonight."
Friend: "That's doable. Come on down."
So I packed a change of clothes, appropriate for my early AM meeting and drove down. No notice, nothing.

I arrived in the middle of a video and got invited to join in by the young boy, who snuggled me. (I miss MY little boy, off on a Florida adventure, so this was a blessing.) I got a bed, I got cookies, I got conversation, I borrowed a travel mug.


I don't deserve friends like that. I really don't. But everyone should have friends like that, deserved or not. And I suppose that means everyone should be a friend like that. There is the old adage that says "to have a friend you must first be one." Benjamin Franklin said, "Do good to your friends to keep them, to your enemies to win them" and Proverbs 27:10 begins: "Do not forsake your friend or a friend of your family."

So I am going to be thinking about how to be a better friend. How about you?


No comments:

Post a Comment