Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Prayer for Healing.

Many of my family and friends are in need of healing in one form or another -- whether from strokes, disease, a cold, an injured foot, a hurting heart or emotional stress. I came across this prayer, written by John Burch and posted Faith and Worship.com. It captures some of what I would like to say. I hope you find it useful, too.


A Prayer for Today

When I pray for healing, Lord,
I sometimes feel so inadequate,
ill-equipped for the task.
There are so many I could name
who are in need of healing.
Those who hurt physically,
and others whose hurts go deeper,
whose scars cannot be seen to the naked eye.
Yet all need healing,
all need making whole again.
There are broken bones
and broken hearts, Lord.

You had a way,
a gentle and loving way
of dealing with hurts,
physical and spiritual.
You healed the whole person,
something medicine can never do.
You reached the very cause,
not just the symptoms.

When I pray for healing, Lord,
I sometimes feel so inadequate,
ill-equipped for the task.
All I can do
is bring their names to your feet,
holding them tightly in my prayers,
then hand them over
for you to touch,
in the way that only you
can touch.

Read more at: http://www.faithandworship.com/#ixzz1dnAkIRaW
Under Creative Commons License: 
Attribution





Do you have any prayers to share?







No comments:

Post a Comment