Thursday, August 4, 2011

Packing for Conference

So today I begin packing for CYC.

That's the Christian Youth Conference at Ocean Park. I head up Saturday and spend two weeks at a gorgeous beach with my favorite people.

It's not all play. We are there to give teens a terrific experience of God and to challenge them in a hundred ways. We'll be talking about Science and the Bible, The Holy Spirit, bullying and car maintenance. And about a hundred other things in between.

I just asked on Facebook what I should NOT forget to bring. First answer: Bug spray!!

Too true. I will need that.

But there are a few things I'd like the campers to pack along with their Bibles, banquet clothes and sunscreen.

An open heart -- so that they are ready for people they will meet and the ways they will encounter God.

A ready mind -- so that they will grapple with what they hear and learn and think about it well

A willing spirit -- so that they will step out of their comfort zones and try new things.


What would you find most important to take to camp?




It's not too late! If you are a teen interested in the exciting two week adventure that is CYC, click here or just go to www.cycop.org. It all starts August 7!

CYC 2014 begins August 3! Still a great place!

No comments:

Post a Comment