Sunday, July 24, 2011

Stuck in my head.

Oh to grace how great a debtor
Daily I'm constrained to be...


I attended worship on the north shore last Wednesday and at my home church this morning. At both services we sang "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing" and both times the lines above struck me and stayed with me.


Usually my favorite part of that song is "Jesus sought me when a stranger wandering from the fold of God. He to rescue me from danger, bought me with his precious blood."


But this time it is the words about grace.

I wonder why? Does God have a message for me in those lines?


I know that I am indebted to God's grace. Without I'd be nothing, lost. Maybe I need to go deeper into that understanding. I don't know. Guess I'll just have to tune in and keep listening.

Has God been speaking to you through any music lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment