Saturday, April 2, 2011

Jordan having fun.

Jordan is at just the right age to enjoy April Fool's so we had fun yesterday.



Actually we had two field trips yesterday, too. One with other homeschoolers and one that was just us. So by late afternoon I was tired and inclined to be cranky. I had, however, been reading in one of those inspirational parenting books, books which I generally avoid, about a young mother learning to enjoy her small children because her mother reminded her that this time passes in the blink of an eye. Because of that story, I took a deep breath and decided to have fun with the pranks Jordan was planning for his Dad. I am glad I did. We ended up having a few laughs.



There is so much to enjoy in this tween time of life. Jordan and his friend were in the 4-H State Visual Presentation Competition today. They didn't place but they did get a blue ribbon. Just making it that far was a real accomplishment. They had lots of fun just hanging out with other
. 4-Hers and seeing presentations about everything from pirates to origami cranes. It was good to be a part of it.
I need to spend more time enjoying my son, even when I am tired. Every stage of life has its amusements. So I know I need to work hard, but I'm going to try not to forget to have fun, too.

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment